Thursday, October 21, 2010

Obtuse Offenders

So yesterday we finally wrapped on Obtuse Offenders after something like 2 weeks of shooting. For this production I was merely an actor and PA. Nevertheless this was a very rewarding shoot overall. I endured a scratched up back from being dragged around so much while I had to lay motionless and corpse-like. I spent several days with a sore head after falling on it out of a car several times. I even had a shirt turned pink after the fake blood I had all over was exposed to a substantial amount of rain suddenly. But in the end, I think it was all worth it. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with. Pat was a great producer, he really kept things organized and was good at making sure everyone knew when and where we had to be at various times. Luke was a great director, he really did a nice job of controlling everything that was going on and I think did a nice job of getting the best out of the actors. Anton was a very creative DP who sometimes took a bit too long to set up a shot but made sure in the end it was always a great shot. Ted was great to work with, although I have no idea how the audio turned out because I haven't heard any of it. Also the other actors were great to work with. I think we really got along well together and I hope our on screen chemistry worked well. I think this shoot helped me to learn how important it is to be efficient in what you do on set. Its important to try to make sure that everyone is working to be ready for that next shot as soon as possible. If someone isn't doing one thing then they should be doing something else. It's also important to know what you want going into the shoot. If you don't have a specific idea for each shot then you sometimes take too long to determine what you do want. Although I was only an actor and PA I think that what I learned from this shoot will help me when I play a bigger role in my upcoming productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment