Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Musician and more!

So we finally wrapped The Musician, which I was the DP for this week. I guess saying that I was DP was misleading though. Because the shooting was so sporadic there were a couple times when either Luke or Ashley had to do the DP duties for at least part of the shoot. They seemed to be great when they stepped up to that task though. I think this project will end up looking pretty nice, although I don't think I personally like the overall story of it. I feel none of us got as into the project as we would have had to in order to make it really something special. This is something I blame on the fact that it was a story none of us were too keen on and it was at a time when we all were working on other projects too. I think it will end up being a solid project but not anything special and I mainly think that's because of the one project a week thing.

 Despite all this, everyone that I worked with was fantastic. As always Pat, Luke and Ted were completely professional and a pleasure to work with. This was also my first time working with Ashley and she was also great. She was easy to get along with, had good ideas and was very helpful performing the duties of both AC and audio at times. The actors we used were also quite nice to work with. They were pretty clearly not actors, but they were still happy to try to do anything we asked of them.

Other things going on this week that I am a bit more excited about are pre-production for JFK's Cat and A Darkened Dream. Both of these projects I really think are going to come together nicely. JFK's Cat is going to be a very humorous film that I am the DP for. It's going to be shot as a company promotional video and will include a re-enactment of the JFK assassination. The story lends this to be a bit more of a boring shoot from a DP standpoint because I won't be looking for these artistic meaningful shots, but rather I will be looking to imitate the style of a crappy corporate video. It's definitely going to be a fun project though and we're all very excited about it.

A Darkened Dream is also coming together although that's a bit earlier in the pre-production stages. I am a bit more excited about this project because its a bit more my style and it was my idea and I am directing it so I guess you could say its kinda my baby for this class. Of all the projects I have worked on I think this one will be the most my vision. I'm really very excited to start shooting this next week and I'm really hoping to make it into something really nice.

I guess that's about all for now I'm excited about the shoots and I'm sure I'll have more to say after JFK's Cat and A Darkened Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment